Welcome to the South Asian Review Database! This is a collection of reviews from around the web of books by South Asian authors and about South Asia. Please feel free to poke around and discover new books and authors. The database is organized alphabetically by author’s last name. If you’d like to add your own reviews, please review the guidelines below before linking. Please do not reprint or reuse any reviews you find through this database without permission from the author of the blog.
Linking reviews to the South Asian Review Database:
Use the Mr. Linky below to add your review links to this database. In the name field, include the information below. In the link field, include a link to your review. If you don’t have a blog, please feel free to link to your review on LibraryThing/GoodReads/Amazon.com/etc.
I will go through this Linky periodically and add links to the proper pages. This creates a streamlined browsing experience for those of you looking for reviews. Links will be entered into the database in the order they were entered into the Linky.
Format for entering links: Author’s Last Name, First Name – Book Title (Your Name)
Ex: Daswani, Kavita – The Village Bride of Beverly Hills (S. Krishna)
Guidelines for linking reviews to the South Asian Review Database:
1) Please be sure the author is South Asian and/or the book is about South Asia(ns). For these purposes, South Asia consists of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, the Maldives and Bhutan.
2) Please link to your review on the main page. I will go through and enter it into the database.
3) Please follow the format guidelines when you link: Author last name, first name – Title (Your Name). Ex: Rushdie, Salman – Midnight’s Children (S. Krishna).
4) You do not need to be a participant in the South Asian Challenge to be eligible to link your reviews.
5) Please feel free to link backlist reviews. I want this database to be as comprehensive as possible.
6) Please don’t link others’ reviews without their permission. If you have their permission, however, feel free to include the links!